Nitrous oxide or laughing gas as it is more commonly known, is a breathable gas that relaxes you and works as a minor pain killer. It is commonly used on children who are afraid of dental operations. However, if you are an adult and also worried about your operation, you can have laughing gas administered as well. It is safe to breath and does no harm to your heart, liver, kidneys, brain or lungs. You can not be allergic to Nitrous Oxide,* and the effects only last for a few minutes after the supply is turned off, so it is quiet safe to drive yourself home.
*You will be asked to confirm any allergies during your new patient appointment